Instructions Following Adenoidectomy without Tonsillectomy
Recovery from Adenoidectomy is generally smooth.
Important things to do to speed your healing:
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid vigorous nose blowing
What to expect:
- A mild sore throat
- Pain or numbness in the tongue (this is related to the instrument we used to open your mouth squeezing the tongue during surgery)
- Some slight bloody drainage from the nose
Diet and activities:
- You may eat anything , and should have little trouble eating
- Avoid intense exercise or heavy lifting for 4 DAYS
- Walking, being outside, or driving are OK
When to call us:
- For any bleeding that does not respond quickly to spraying of the nose with Afrin or similar decongestant Nasal spray (available OTC)
- For any problem you think we need to know about
- Prescription medication is usually not required following adenoidectomy. Tylenol should suffice, but call us if you need anything more.
- Make an appointment to be seen in the office in1-2 weeks
Please call me if you have any questions or concerns. (508)-540-0900.